Several provisions are generally used and should be followed as you fill out your information into the free resume creator program.
- Put the highest form of education first. If you went to school beyond high school, then neglect to include your high school on the list.
- First, list the school you attended. After each listing insert the name of the school, and the city and state in which it is located. Do not include the street address.
- The next box will prompt you to include the degree or certificate program that you have obtained. Be careful with abbreviations, if there is a specific training program or degree make sure that it contains the proper abbreviation. It is very common for people to make mistakes in this area.
After the degree name it will ask for a duration of time that you were in school. Include the month and year.
For example: September 2008 - May 2012.
If you are currently still enrolled in a program, then you will need to display this information a bit differently:
September 2011 - Present: Expected May 2015.
- At the next prompt is a box labeled "Other." Here, you should list the elements of the curriculum that you specialized in. What were your strengths in school? If you have a great GPA you should list it here. Keep this list short and in bulleted format.
- You can adjust the order of your education section history with the drop down box. THERE IS NO NEED TO RETYPE THE INFORMATION IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE ORDER! Simply select in the box the number in which you would want each item to show up.