There are several general guidelines used, and you should regard them as you enter your information into the Free Resume Creator program.
- Put your highest form of education first. If you went to school beyond high school, then don't include your high school on the list.
- First, list the school you attended. After each listing insert the name of the school, and the city and state in which it is located. Do not include the street address.
- The next box will prompt you to include the degree or certificate program that you have obtained. Be careful with abbreviations, if there is a specific training program or degree, make sure that it contains the proper abbreviation. It is very common for people to make mistakes in this area.
After the degree name, it will ask for the duration of time that you were in school. Include the month and year.
For example: September 2008 - May 2012.
Are you are currently still enrolled in a program and will you graduate soon? Then you will need to display this information differently:
September 2011 - Present: Expected May 2015.
- At the next prompt, there is a box labeled Other. Here, you should list the specific elements of the curriculum. What were your strengths in school? If you have a great GPA, you could list it here. Keep this list short and in a bulleted format.
- You can adjust the order of your Education section history with the drop-down box. Take note that there is no need to retype the information if you need to change the order! Using the Display Position box, simply select the position in which you want each item to be displayed.